THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN LINEN AND FRENCH LINEN
What is the best linen to buy in France?
Linen is grown in France or Belgium, which means that linen can then be sold as French linen no matter where it is woven and finished. French linen is the best linen you can buy. This is because the temperature in the air allows flax to grow best.
How can you tell the difference between cotton and linen?
With natural raw materials, it can be difficult to tell one from the other unless you compare silk to hemp. But the essence is not the same and you will see the difference between fabrics. The main difference between cotton and linen is their botanical origin.
Linen is a timeless textile that will still enjoy decades to come. However, most brands offer 'French Linen' or 'European Linen', which you may not know is that flax is grown in this region, then shipped to China or India for manufactured into linen fabric.
How can you tell if the fabric is linen?
If you're not sure if a bed sheet linen or some other fabric, here's a very easy test.- Moisten fingertips with water.
- Place this finger on the fabric and press.
- Check the other side immediately. If moisture passes through the fabric immediately, it's linen.
Why Scandalinen's products?
- 100% Handmade and Made in Vietnam
- Manufactured at the OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory, an independent certification system ensures textiles meet high safety and environmental standards.
- We offer more than 50 color choices on large linen fabrics you can choose the way color you like for your own
- We accept bulk orders and will advise on your unique color and style
- Customizing your orders and unique designs; we also have our designer who can help you with creative products.